The expression of interest (EOI) process to select 10 businesses across regional Australia to participate in the Career Revive initiative closes on COB Monday, 19 October 2020.
If you are interested in applying for selection to receive tailored business improvement assistance then apply now by clicking on the following link: https://www.employment.gov.au/career-revive.
To be eligible to participate in Career Revive, businesses:
1. should be a medium to large business (20+ employees)
2. must be located in a regional area. This includes towns, small cities and areas outside the major capital cities of Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide and Canberra; all areas of Tasmania and the Northern Territory; and businesses operating in multiple locations where one of the locations is a regional town.
3. want to strengthen their business recruitment practices to better recruit and retain women. This may include considering flexible working arrangements and/or a supported returner program.
If you have any queries regarding completing the EOI please contact us at CareerRevive@dese.gov.au or on (02) 6240 9471.
Businesses who participate in the initiative will benefit from expert advice provided by a Business Improvement Consultant at no cost to them.
The Business Improvement Consultant will:
• review your business’ physical workplace, processes, policies and workplace culture to identify potential barriers that might prevent your business from attracting talented women seeking to return to work
• offer guidance on how to improve these practices and policies, as well as develop a tailored action plan to establish a supported returner program within your business that would make you an employer of choice for women looking to rekindle their careers after an extended career break
• develop a case study of the business for inclusion in an online toolkit that will provide best practice advice, practical resources and learnings for all businesses.