Drought Hub is the one stop shop for anyone looking to understand the support measures available. It’s a brilliant program that contains the details of the NSW Drought Strategy – a $300 million commitment announced in 2015.
The drought framework is divided into six key themes:
- Finance e.g. The Farm Innovation Fund
- Skills and Training g. The Farm Business Skills Professional Development Program
- Transport for animal welfare g. Transport Assistance
- Information and resources g. Local Land Services and DPI
- Research and development g. Bureau of Meteorology, DPI
- Wellbeing g. The Rural Resilience Program
- Commonwealth Services and Support g. Farm Household Allowance
The Rural Assistance Authority (RAA) sits within the arm that administers grant and support measures.
The NSW Government is committed to helping farm business become more resilient and more prepared in tough times. The farming community know that they are facing dry times therefore, if anything, I encourage them to ‘check-in’ with where they and their farming business sits in regards to drought preparedness.