Regional Development Australia Far West is a Regional Certifying Body (RCB) for the far west region of New South Wales. We provide skilled migration services as part of an overarching regional workforce planning and development strategy.
As an RCB we assess the suitability of applicants to fill gaps in our existing labour market and recommend these applicants to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection
This means we play a role in assessing eligibility for the following visa:
- RSMS (Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme)
This is an employer sponsored visa with regional concessions. We assess whether the nominated worker is filling a regional skills need, and that their terms of employment will be equivalent to an Australian worker.
What we don’t do
- Regional Development Australia Far West is not a migration agent.
- We cannot provide advice on general migration matters or information on other visas outside the scope of RSMS visas.
- We do not grant final approval of visas, but do manage essential aspects of the application process.
- If you have general migration questions, or questions about other visas, please contact the Department of Immigration and Border Protection.
- We are not an employment service. It is up to the individual applicant to search for and secure employment.
How to obtain regional certification
Please use the checklists supplied in the PDF to compile your documentation to send to us for assessment. If you require clarification on any of the documentation please refer to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection’s website which details the process for both migrants and employers.
- Proof of payment. The current assessment fee is $280 (including GST). We will not begin processing your application until all fees and charges have been paid.
- Completed form 1404
- Completed form 956 (if using a migration agent)
Employers wishing to submit a nomination must supply supporting documents that demonstrate their business or organisation is financially viable, is a sound going concern, will be able to employ the nominee for (at least) a two year visa period.
Regional Employer Sponsor (RSMS)
Skillselect opened on 1 July 2012. A convenient way for employers to search and connect with highly skilled migrants wanting to live and work in Australia. Visit www.skillselect.gov.au for details.
RDA Far West (RDA FW) is required to provide an assessment for the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) visa as a Regional Certifying Body (RCB). This visa enables skilled migrants to work for a regional employer for a minimum of 2 years and enjoy the lifestyle of regional Australia.
The programme aims to attract young, skilled, English speaking migrants to areas of Australia where they are most needed. Generally, skilled migrants are under 50 years of age, have competent English, at least diploma/trade level qualifications or above. The nominated position must be an ANZSCO skill level 1-3 occupation and have relevant work experience.
Please go to the Department of Immigration & Citizenship (DIAC) website link for more details:
The Temporary Business (Long Stay) 457 visa assist employees to address immediate skill shortages and compliments the permanent employer RSMS visa.
RDA Far West provides certification to employers through its Skilled Migration Officer and an administration fee ($280 incl GST) applies for processing applications. Note processing of applications can take up to a minimum of 14 working days, so employers need to consider this when submitting their applications to;
Regional Development Australia Far West Inc
55 Oxide Street PO Box 1010
BROKEN HILL NSW 2880
Phone 08 8087 8383
Fax 08 8087 8413