In the 2015 Budget, the Australian Government announced the Stronger Communities Programme to fund small capital projects in local communities in each of the 150 Federal Electorates.
The Stronger Communities Programme will deliver $45 million over two years commencing in 2015-16.
The objective of the Stronger Communities Programme is to fund small capital projects which will deliver social benefits. The programme aims to improve local community participation, cohesion and contribute to vibrant and viable communities.
- Federal Members of Parliament (MPs) will establish a community consultation committee to undertake consultation in their electorate to identify eligible projects and invite applicants to apply.
- Local government and incorporated not-for-profit organisations are eligible to apply.
- Grants of between $5,000 and up to a maximum of $20,000 are available.
- Applicants are required to confirm matched funding in cash or in-kind on at least a dollar-for-dollar basis.
- Funding of $150,000 per electorate per year will be allocated for two years commencing 2015-16.