The Public Education Foundation’s Aboriginal Education Scholarship supports Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander students enrolled in NSW Public Schools to successfully complete their senior years of schooling.
The scholarship is supported by the Aboriginal Education Council, a charity established in 1963 to pioneer initiatives, establish innovative pilot projects, engage in research and encourage governments to provide programs and support which enables successful educational outcomes for Aboriginal people.
Two scholarships are available in 2020 – one for a male student and one for a female student. The scholarship will provide financial support of $1,000 per year in year 11 and year 12 for both students (total scholarship value is $2,000 per student).
The scholarship is to cover educational expenses such as:
- Incidental fees (eg. Text book hiring, costs associated with a specialised subject etc)
- Uniforms and school shoes (including school sports clothing)
- Stationery and general office items and equipment
- Text books
- Laptop, iPad or other similar device
- Subject or study related software
- Internet connection for study at home
- School excursions and school camps
- Costs associated with work experience linked to VET subjects
- Furniture for study such as desk, chair, lamp etc
- Face to face or online tutoring
If a student leaves public school before the end of Year 12, the scholarship will lapse. Any unspent monies at the end of the scholarship period must be refunded to the Public Education Foundation scholarship fund.
Before applying for this scholarship, please ensure that you read the scholarship terms and conditions.
- Enrolled in a NSW public high school
- Currently in Year 10 (2019)
- Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- Australian citizen or permanent resident
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION
Call the Public Education Foundation on 02 7814 2806 or email us at email@example.com.
We also encourage you to visit our website to learn more about the Foundation and the work that we do –